This acts as a digital safeguard to keep a real-time analysis in case of any injuries. It helps people to cultivate an environment free of any casualities and fosters a practice so instantaneous measures be taken. It gives constant reminders to workers to refrain from causing an accident. It is widely being used in industries construction sites to keep a check on industrial injuries. This is to ensure that there are no security lapses when it comes to industrial safety.
• The most important thing it does is to spread a mass awareness amongst workers how much conscious the organization is about the safety.
• The safety scoreboard displays the no. of accident-free days digitally in the similar way how points are kept track of in a game. The digital no. therefore compare to the point of the game.
• It does not have the tendency to lose data in case of power loss it still reflects the same data that hast to be displayed later.
• The data shown by the scorecard is easy to remember and leaves a positive impression about the company.
• It brings more value to the organization as everyone want to work in an environment which leaves no room for any laxity which guarantees safety of workers.
What Are The Benefits of A Safety Scorecard ?
There are numerous benefits to incorporate safety scorecard in business that helps to assess the corrective measures in your business to inculcate the habit of working safely and avoid injuries that’ll spike up the productivity and hence reaching organizational goals.
Here are some examples of numbers you could track :
1.No. of training hours per employee per week.
2.No. of Job safety analyses completed each week.
3.No. of near misses reported each week.
4.No. of safety observations reported each week.
5.No. of training hours per employee per week.
6.No. of Job safety analyses completed each week.
7.No. of near misses reported each week.
8.No. of safety observations reported each week.
9.No. of training hours per employee per week.
10.No. of Job safety analyses completed each week.
11.No. of near misses reported each week.
12.No. of safety observations reported each
How production metrics be included ?
Simplicity leaves no complexities !This is designed in such a way that keep the scorecard updated .While you may want to keep a record of injuries. But again, it helps to prevent injuries in check as much as possible by giving constant updates and reminders. By the time one comes to know about any injury it is too late to prevent it.
Immediate actions to be taken !
1. It’s easy to get started and create a row for each of your safety leading indicators.
2. Next to each item, the member who are accountable for meeting each number.
3. To determine weekly goals for each number and include in each number.
4. Figure out who is accountable for preparing the scorecard each week and how the person will get numbers from each team member.
5. Review your scorecard each week with the safety team . If any numbers are off-track, discuss ideas for getting them on track the next week.