|WHAT IS FIRMWARE?|
In layman’s terms,Firmware a software running on an embedded software. It refers to the application and operating system that controls working of a smart phone? The good thing is that it may be flashed or burned into a ROM or downloaded from a host. It differs from other silicon based solutions that there is a processor running code not just a fixed logic gate array. It is a type of software that provides control, monitoring manipulation of data of engineered products and systems. It is generally stored in non-volatile memory devices such as ROM, EPROM, or flash memory. It can be said that Firmware are one time embedded module in any electronic product during the manufacture.
How Photonplay manipulate firmware products?
Photonplay development services for embedded design product design include; testing phase & feasibility study, RTOS abstraction, boot loader, Hardware abstraction, performance optimisation, BIOS porting, validation and debugging. We have a vast experience in BSP and firmware development for a variety of platforms rights from defining specifications, implementation and designing the architecture.
Photonplay and Firmware service include:
- Board bring up and Verification
- RTOS abstraction
- Hardware Abstraction Layer
- Minimum OAL/kernel support
- FPGA/CPLD based digital logic designs and IP cores
Specifications and Features
- Hardware makers use embedded firmware to control the functions of various hardware devices and systems much like computer’s operating system controls the function of software applications.
- It is used to control the limited, set functions of hardware devices and system of greater complexity that still gives more appliances like usage instead of a series of terminal commands.
- The functions here are activated by external controls or external actions of the hardware.
- As it is ROM- based software it often have communications links to other devices for functionality or to address the need of the device to be adjusted, calibrated or diagnosed or to output log files